I am so excited to start using the All American History Curriculum, by Celeste W. Rakes. It says it is for a 5th-8th grade range. I am planning on getting some pictures or maps for the younger kids to color while I am reading and talking. In the student workbook there are multiple choice and fill in the blank tests. I will probably do some of these together, some individually, some orally and some written! That way it mixes things up a bit for everyone. What I am really excited about are the Further Research Ideas in the Student Workbook. These are suggestions, or ideas to use for researching what we are talking about. This curriculum says it is for 32 weeks, however I am planning on using one lesson for 2 weeks, and either 2-3 days a week. Then on the other days we are not doing our family history, some kids can be working on some of their individual research projects. I am also planning on adding in some readings. We have been reading This Country of Ours by Marshall, which is a free download here. I am planning on continuing this, as our family history read aloud. We are really enjoying this book. I will also be adding in some individual readings for the 3 oldest, mostly biographies of the people we are studying. I am also planning on adding in a few hands on activities to do together. One I am very excited to try is a Salt Dough Map, most likely of the 13 colonies. This curriculum also has some nice review ideas that we will be adding. I am very excited about this curriculum. I will post about it at the end of next year, to say whether or not we enjoyed it! Though as for now, we are all very excited to start it!
I received a comment/question about our devotional time, Tracy would like me to give more details about our devotional time. {WARNING~ this post has become extremely LONG!!!} First off before I start into all that I'd just like to say I am so glad Tracy decided to comment, and especially with a question!! The main and only reason I blog is to inspire others, help others, and well sometimes it's as close as I get to adult conversation! I noticed that as of right now {as I right this} I have had 787 visitors to my blog... and only 2 people who have commented! The other one is my O' So kind SIL!! Please feel free to comment...because as it says on the Right Sidebar...I LOVE Comments!!! I also want to clarify and answer any questions that I might have stirred in your heads with my thoughts!!! So on with the Question.... We have ALWAYS had devotional time... it's changed and grown with our family. It's what we, Papa Bear and I see as the things our children need. Just be...
Comments
Post a Comment