Skip to main content

Dishes, Dishes, Dishes EVERYWHERE!!

Do you see this?? Yes it's my empty dishwasher...yes empty.
You might even ask, why is there a picture of her empty dishwasher on her blog?
Let me explain...
my dishwasher has been empty for almost 2 weeks now. Yes
COMPLETELY EMPTY!!!
still some of you are saying...SO??
We haven't even used our dishwasher for almost 2 weeks.
Not only that but my kitchen has never been cleaner. {Atleast in the dirty dishes area}
Our newest system is really quite simple.
Right after {or even during} every meal...I fill the sink up with water and dish soap.
Then as everyone is finished eating, they scrape their plates, usually into the animal bucket
{we raise animals, that also make good garbage disposals!!}
then into the water it all goes, and everyone washes their own dishes. Dries them and then puts them away.
The littlest A's {4,2 and 1} obviously don't do this alone. Their buddy of the day gets to help them.
Then depending on the meal and the amount of pans or preparing dishes were used, states how we clean up the rest.
USUALLY I take care of Breakfast and Lunch dishes. That way the kids can start their days, chores and school work. I am incharge of kitchen in the mornings. I use this time, to teach my little A's the business of kitchen duties!
After Dinner, it's team work, to clean up the kitchen. All the kids help, and do the dishes, wipe down the table and chairs {and highchair} sweep the floors {dining and kitchen} wipe off the cupboards. I use to use a chart that divided up the after dinner chores, but I am now wanting to add alittle more team work into the routine.
That's it, so simple...and yet so satisfying!
Now, what to do with that extra kitchen space!???!
{oh, the possibilities!}

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Morning Devotional..hopefully with more clarity!

I received a comment/question about our devotional time, Tracy would like me to give more details about our devotional time. {WARNING~ this post has become extremely LONG!!!} First off before I start into all that I'd just like to say I am so glad Tracy decided to comment, and especially with a question!! The main and only reason I blog is to inspire others, help others, and well sometimes it's as close as I get to adult conversation! I noticed that as of right now {as I right this} I have had 787 visitors to my blog... and only 2 people who have commented! The other one is my O' So kind SIL!! Please feel free to comment...because as it says on the Right Sidebar...I LOVE Comments!!! I also want to clarify and answer any questions that I might have stirred in your heads with my thoughts!!! So on with the Question.... We have ALWAYS had devotional time... it's changed and grown with our family. It's what we, Papa Bear and I see as the things our children need. Just be...

Simple Morning Time Geography, for the whole family.....

In our Morning Time we will be reading some fun and educational picture books to begin our family geography lessons. Yes I'm just starting this now, in March.... sometimes that happens. We've been studying geography in both our Good and the Beautiful Language Arts, and also our Mystery of History Lessons, so I don't actually feel bad about this! First up, for our World Geography.  I decided to start with a general world geography book. I chose  Somewhere in the World Right Now by Stacey Schuett.  This book is alot of fun. It discusses different geographical areas, showing some amazing pictures. It mostly talks about the time zones and international date line. I thought that would be a nice introduction, and something we haven't really discussed a lot. We started our week off with this beauty, on Monday. After we finished our morning time, and headed to our school room. You see, we meet on our couches, in our family room for a lot ...

I am JUMPING OFF THE SHIP!!! So to speak...

What does that mean!??! What ship are you jumping from? Where are you jumping to? How are you planning on jumping?? Well let me tell you.... I am jumping into the great deep, dark and "unknown" world, I am planning on jumping Titanic style, Spread Eagle that is!!! No seriously folks, I have decided that for our upcoming curriculum, we are going to jump into the area of {dare I even say it??} Traditional Christian TEXTBOOKS!!!! {I can hear you all moan, and groan and say OH NO!!!!} Yes TEXTBOOK, tends to be a "bad" word in the homeschool world. It's one of those 3-letter words, okay so it's actually an Eight-letter word. I am not sure why TEXTBOOKS have such a bad name to homeschoolers. Actually I do, it has to do with the dumbing down of America. It has to do with short tidbits of information crammed into a lesson, bits and pieces of history... never knowing the whole thing. HOWEVER, you must also admit, that there are NOW so many choices in TEXTBO...