Skip to main content

Burlap pillow

Here's what I made for A1... a burlap pillow! Instead of a Monogram, since all the kids are A's {it might get even more confusing!!!} I decided to use one of our favorite hymns...
"Savior Stay this night with me..."
I simply went onto a my windows works, and typed it, found a cool "boy" text, and made it the size I needed for the pillow I wanted. Then I used an exacto knife and cut out the letters, painted it and sewed! He loved it.
And A4 got a new fleece blanket. Nothing "special" there, I came up with some ideas, way too late to accomplish it before Christmas, so I am going to do one for his birthday.
His blanket was one of the no sew ones. I took fleece, two different pieces, and cut out the corners. I cut 7 inch squares off the corners, and then every one inch you cut a 7 inch strip, then simply tie together. He didn't even notice, he only got a blanket!!!!
Actually I must add a big thank you to Papa Bear, he stayed up the night before Christmas Eve and helped me cut this and tie it. BIG THANKS FOR THAT ONE, I LOVE YOU!!!
{Now I just need to remember to shoot a picture of all the gifts}

Comments

  1. Thanks for this idea. I'm going to make all handmade gift next year. This one will be perfect for my daughters.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Morning Devotional..hopefully with more clarity!

I received a comment/question about our devotional time, Tracy would like me to give more details about our devotional time. {WARNING~ this post has become extremely LONG!!!} First off before I start into all that I'd just like to say I am so glad Tracy decided to comment, and especially with a question!! The main and only reason I blog is to inspire others, help others, and well sometimes it's as close as I get to adult conversation! I noticed that as of right now {as I right this} I have had 787 visitors to my blog... and only 2 people who have commented! The other one is my O' So kind SIL!! Please feel free to comment...because as it says on the Right Sidebar...I LOVE Comments!!! I also want to clarify and answer any questions that I might have stirred in your heads with my thoughts!!! So on with the Question.... We have ALWAYS had devotional time... it's changed and grown with our family. It's what we, Papa Bear and I see as the things our children need. Just be...

Simple Morning Time Geography, for the whole family.....

In our Morning Time we will be reading some fun and educational picture books to begin our family geography lessons. Yes I'm just starting this now, in March.... sometimes that happens. We've been studying geography in both our Good and the Beautiful Language Arts, and also our Mystery of History Lessons, so I don't actually feel bad about this! First up, for our World Geography.  I decided to start with a general world geography book. I chose  Somewhere in the World Right Now by Stacey Schuett.  This book is alot of fun. It discusses different geographical areas, showing some amazing pictures. It mostly talks about the time zones and international date line. I thought that would be a nice introduction, and something we haven't really discussed a lot. We started our week off with this beauty, on Monday. After we finished our morning time, and headed to our school room. You see, we meet on our couches, in our family room for a lot ...

I am JUMPING OFF THE SHIP!!! So to speak...

What does that mean!??! What ship are you jumping from? Where are you jumping to? How are you planning on jumping?? Well let me tell you.... I am jumping into the great deep, dark and "unknown" world, I am planning on jumping Titanic style, Spread Eagle that is!!! No seriously folks, I have decided that for our upcoming curriculum, we are going to jump into the area of {dare I even say it??} Traditional Christian TEXTBOOKS!!!! {I can hear you all moan, and groan and say OH NO!!!!} Yes TEXTBOOK, tends to be a "bad" word in the homeschool world. It's one of those 3-letter words, okay so it's actually an Eight-letter word. I am not sure why TEXTBOOKS have such a bad name to homeschoolers. Actually I do, it has to do with the dumbing down of America. It has to do with short tidbits of information crammed into a lesson, bits and pieces of history... never knowing the whole thing. HOWEVER, you must also admit, that there are NOW so many choices in TEXTBO...