Skip to main content

Wonderful Workbox Finds!!!


{Photo from Amazon, link below}
I am sure you have all heard of workboxes, they are everywhere... in the homeschool world. I started implementing the workbox idea with A5 and A6. I am still working out all the details. We currently have their regular work in the drawers, and they work through them. I am finally {sad to say, FINALLY} ready to start getting myself into gear here!!!

I found a few wonderful workbox finds, and thought I'd share!

~I came across these drawers, {pictured above} and love the look of them, the simplicity in design.. and size. I purchased two of them. {no I didn't pay that price!!}

~I also found this wonderful planning sheet at Robin's Blog, Heart of Wisdom. I love these, I printed off two. I copied them to my computer and made one for A5 in "boy" colors and one for A6 in "girl" colors. This way I can glance quickly at them to "see" who's who and what they are suppose to be doing. These are pretty simple forms, and could easily be changed or made to fit your style. I figure if someone has already done all the hard work, and is willing to share... I might as well enjoy their hard work!!! She has made them to work on her computer, I personally think better with pencil and paper. So I printed off a couple and I might laminate them and use a wipe off marker to plan our workbox week?

~Also at Robin's Blog, heart of wisdom... she shared her workbox numbers and cards to place the numbers when the drawer is completed. I LOVE the look of these!!! I printed off some, sent them through my laminator. Then I punched a hole in the tops and placed them on a key ring. I just happened to have some very cute ones that matched perfectly!!! Left over from an old chore card system we use to use. I didn't print the lifeskills or tags, just the numbers, though they are all very nicely done and very cute. However our typical day is done early enough that I don't add things like that. I like to just sit and get school done, so we can move on and have fun with free time.

~Now a trick to save on laminating, this came from Confessions of a Homeschooler. When you laminate you put two pages back to back. So the front of the page is outside on both sides. Then you send them, through your laminator. When you cut them out, you also pull them apart, so they are only laminated on the front, the side you typically need laminated, and the back is not laminated. It works great, although don't forget to change your paper to cardstock, I did that a few times, and had to laminate both sides for better support. We haven't had a problem with this, and it doubles up your laminating sheets. I love these smart ladies who share such wonderful ideas!!

WOW I just saw these labels for your supplies, these are very cute! I might have to start printing, again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugar, oh sugar!!!

okay so as i have stated, we don't eat sugar. This being said, we do eat natural cane {also known as turbinado} sugar, honey, stevia and agava. I do try to limit this. I figure to some degree sugar is sugar, and not good, even in it's natural state. I don't want to get into a "sugar fight" with anyone! So all I am going to say, is it's quite common knowledge that sugar isn't good for you. I am a sugar lover! Always have been, I'm sure. I have a very, very, very sweet tooth. Sugar was hard for me to give up. Which is why I am so thankful for so many natural sweeteners! The reason we stopped, was knowledge, we started studying sugar, and learning about it, and we had to stop. As for our family, we had to give it up all or nothing, we are a cold turkey kind of family!!! We have tried to give up sugar, oh I don't know around 100 times!!! This time it finally stuck. The more I read, the more I study the more I am so thankful for that decision. So how di

and that's why we don't eat sugar.....

Winter/Seasons/Snowflake Bentley Unit

I am preparing, gathering and getting ready to begin {again} our unit with the littler A's about Seasons/Winter/Snowflake Bentley and Balto! I haven't gotten anything yet on Balto, he's later into our unit, so I am not there yet!! We started it the day I purchased it, I was so excited to do it!!! However I decided I better take a few moments and plan what we will be doing!!! SLOW DOWN!! I just wanted to put a few links here I have found. Since I believe in giving credit, where credit is due.... I will link you directly to the posts I stole, or I mean took my ideas from! {someone help, I forgot how to cross out words on my blog??!!??} I started with this, Download and Go Winter Wonders We are planning on extending these to the max!! Some days, might go 2-3 days, some might go a week or more. Alot will depend on the kids, and my ability! Then I found some more fun ideas Spell Out Loud, is doing the same download and go activities, and she has some wonderful links, mostly for