Skip to main content

Video Organization

Well I don't know about anyone eles, but I LOVE to organize! I honestly do. I love to try to find that "perfect home" for everything. Yes, my poor husband, bless him, thinks I'm a nut!! I am constantly moving things, and rearranging, and reorganizing. Enough said. I don't think I will ever convince anyone, that I am not a nut!!

So today I decided to organize my videos,....Melinda style!

Dilemma~ DVD cases are NOT child proof. I don't care if they have those little clasps, they are NOT child proof. My little mischief maker, LOVES to open DVD cases. She acts like they are books. Seriously, it's an interesting concept. Well when little hands are trying to pull out DVD's they tend to get bent and cracked in the middle part. The part that is held down in the DVD cases. I don't care if those little hands are 2 years old or 11 or even an adults. Sometimes they are hard to get out of those case clasps.

Solution~ store all DVD's in a DVD/CD case!!! We put them all in there, in order of series, and labeled the pockets. So we own all the living scriptures/nest videos. We put them in order of New Testament, Bible, Book of Mormon, Heros, etc. Then we put all our Little House on the Praries DVD's in by Season and Disc number. I also categorized them, somewhat. Such as all the regular movies, if they are more for the younger crowd, they are close together. If it's more of a learning show, living planet, creation science type they are all together too. If I wouldn't have had so many little distractions, and more time. I probably would have gotten crazy and categorized the Living Scriptures Chronologically! You know I should have given that job to Austin and Abby. What was I thinking. You know that will always bug me, somewhat!

Now in this solution of mine, I also solved another dilemma in our house, SPACE. I managed to get a whole shelf of DVD's into probably two tiny little cases. I need to get another case tomorrow to finish the job. We moved all our DVD's into our storage room, to keep little hands away. So now I have more storage, along with movies close to the TV. I simply put the case up on a top shelf, all together!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade bread for our large family

making bread has been a huge part of my life as a mother... here’s the problem, don’t start making homemade bread, unless you plan on doing it forever!!! Once you eat homemade bread, it’s didficult to eat store brought breads!!! Even some of the nicest, most expensive, they just seem so dry and bland.  That being said, I can make all our bread for our family of 11 (currently in the house) in about 15 minutes! (Not including the rise and bake time) I usually make it on the weekend, and then again around Wednesday or Thursday each week. Whenever I make it, I incorporate it into our dinner that night. Usually making 3 or 4  loaves of bread and 1 pan of rolls- for dinner. You see if you don’t do that, you’ll end up eating all of it the first night, right!!! No one can resist hot, fresh, homemade bread- especially with melted butter!!! 💖 So here’s the recipe, I know you’re all dying to have!  This should make about 5 loaves of bread, or a mix of bread and rolls  6 cu

I am JUMPING OFF THE SHIP!!! So to speak...

What does that mean!??! What ship are you jumping from? Where are you jumping to? How are you planning on jumping?? Well let me tell you.... I am jumping into the great deep, dark and "unknown" world, I am planning on jumping Titanic style, Spread Eagle that is!!! No seriously folks, I have decided that for our upcoming curriculum, we are going to jump into the area of {dare I even say it??} Traditional Christian TEXTBOOKS!!!! {I can hear you all moan, and groan and say OH NO!!!!} Yes TEXTBOOK, tends to be a "bad" word in the homeschool world. It's one of those 3-letter words, okay so it's actually an Eight-letter word. I am not sure why TEXTBOOKS have such a bad name to homeschoolers. Actually I do, it has to do with the dumbing down of America. It has to do with short tidbits of information crammed into a lesson, bits and pieces of history... never knowing the whole thing. HOWEVER, you must also admit, that there are NOW so many choices in TEXTBO

Sugar, oh sugar!!!

okay so as i have stated, we don't eat sugar. This being said, we do eat natural cane {also known as turbinado} sugar, honey, stevia and agava. I do try to limit this. I figure to some degree sugar is sugar, and not good, even in it's natural state. I don't want to get into a "sugar fight" with anyone! So all I am going to say, is it's quite common knowledge that sugar isn't good for you. I am a sugar lover! Always have been, I'm sure. I have a very, very, very sweet tooth. Sugar was hard for me to give up. Which is why I am so thankful for so many natural sweeteners! The reason we stopped, was knowledge, we started studying sugar, and learning about it, and we had to stop. As for our family, we had to give it up all or nothing, we are a cold turkey kind of family!!! We have tried to give up sugar, oh I don't know around 100 times!!! This time it finally stuck. The more I read, the more I study the more I am so thankful for that decision. So how di