Skip to main content

Casting out beams

This post all came about, as I was pondering someone I know...and then it hit me, it's actually ME not them!

Matthew 7 1-5

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.


3 Nephi 14 3-4
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother: Let me pull the mote out of thine eye—and behold, a beam is in thine own eye?


Well it all started with this Thirsty Thursday Topic, homeschooling in PJ's. Which got me thinking, yes we get up and dressed, showered and ready for the day..and yet is it really ready? If we are going somewhere, then I consider what I look like, a little bit more. WHY? Why am I more concerned with my looks in front of others, usually people I don't even know, and yet not care what those most dear to me see me looking like?


Why do I hang out in my own house in my sweat pants or lounge pants...and yet if I am attending a meeting or going on a field trip, or just simply going out to town or shopping I put on my best face? {ok not my best face, I do usually only go that far on date nights!} But I do seem to consider my clothes, and hair more at these times, than on days when we are just home.


I do think some of it has to do with the ways of the world. However I homeschool, I probably don't follow the world too closely!! Then I thought maybe it's because we are so comfortable with each other, and maybe we are just so use to each other. There's no way of stopping the A's or Papa Bear from seeing me first thing in the morning!! {or there's no way I am going to go that far!!} Yet, my next thought was what am I teaching those around me? They respect me, they look up to me, they hold me up on that high pillar..... no matter what, and why because I am their Mama! If I want my kids to know manners, then I need to show them how, not just scold them how. If I want my children to look nice, then I need to show them how, not make them do it, and me not....that's hypocritical.


Now one major thing I should state here, I am SO NOT talking about walking around in a nice suit or my Sunday Best, everyday. However I should at least comb my hair and brush my teeth...and find some clothing that would be acceptable, to be seen in. Since those who see me on a daily basis, do deserve a little more consideration!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugar, oh sugar!!!

okay so as i have stated, we don't eat sugar. This being said, we do eat natural cane {also known as turbinado} sugar, honey, stevia and agava. I do try to limit this. I figure to some degree sugar is sugar, and not good, even in it's natural state. I don't want to get into a "sugar fight" with anyone! So all I am going to say, is it's quite common knowledge that sugar isn't good for you. I am a sugar lover! Always have been, I'm sure. I have a very, very, very sweet tooth. Sugar was hard for me to give up. Which is why I am so thankful for so many natural sweeteners! The reason we stopped, was knowledge, we started studying sugar, and learning about it, and we had to stop. As for our family, we had to give it up all or nothing, we are a cold turkey kind of family!!! We have tried to give up sugar, oh I don't know around 100 times!!! This time it finally stuck. The more I read, the more I study the more I am so thankful for that decision. So how di

Homemade bread for our large family

making bread has been a huge part of my life as a mother... here’s the problem, don’t start making homemade bread, unless you plan on doing it forever!!! Once you eat homemade bread, it’s didficult to eat store brought breads!!! Even some of the nicest, most expensive, they just seem so dry and bland.  That being said, I can make all our bread for our family of 11 (currently in the house) in about 15 minutes! (Not including the rise and bake time) I usually make it on the weekend, and then again around Wednesday or Thursday each week. Whenever I make it, I incorporate it into our dinner that night. Usually making 3 or 4  loaves of bread and 1 pan of rolls- for dinner. You see if you don’t do that, you’ll end up eating all of it the first night, right!!! No one can resist hot, fresh, homemade bread- especially with melted butter!!! 💖 So here’s the recipe, I know you’re all dying to have!  This should make about 5 loaves of bread, or a mix of bread and rolls  6 cu

and that's why we don't eat sugar.....