Skip to main content

our points, and family store system.... SIMPLIFIED!!

SIMPLIFY!!!
I LOVE that word!!!
because raising a houseful is chaotic, crazy, noisy, extreme... {I could go on and on}
I try to make everything I do, as simple as I possibly can, because quite frankly if it takes too much from Mama Bears time, she's not going to continue it!!! Yeah I'm a simple kind of gal!!!
So our Family Store, and Points System.... we love it, but not how it was running!!!
The family store, was there to simplify the idea of standing in the checkout line with 4+ children waiting for each of them to pay the cashier!!! Well, remembering or trying to stock our family store... wasn't so simple. I also didn't like the fact that most of their hard earned point money was being spent on candy and junk!!! Junk in junk food, and junk in junk toys!!! Which was another aspect I was trying to avoid.
The above picture is how I have simplified our points. With the point system we would cash in our points for family money. Then they could use that family money {play money} for things in our store, or save it, or cash it in for real money. I kept track on a larger wipe off board, and kept daily tallies. NOW we are using a much smaller wipe off board, and I keep a weekly record. So each A has the opportunity to earn up to 220 points a week. The little A's I changed to 110, because they don't have as many responsibilities and such. We just erase the numbers needed to change, and change it. Every Monday I will look at that weekly record, each point is worth a whopping 2 cents! Instead of our family store, I now have a small notepad, and each child has a page. When it's full I'll rip it out and write down their balance there. Every Monday I figure out their weekly earnings. {I don't call it an allowance, I call it earnings, like a pay check} We add that to what they have in their account. Then when we are at the store and they see something they can ask to have something. We discuss it, and if it's something they want and it's okayed I pay for it and then deduct it from their balance in their account. There's no more Mom I want to use my point money, and Mama Bear not knowing if they even have point money. All purchases must be okayed, and I try not to say "no" but if it's a dumb purchase, I simply explain why! You see A4 you already have a pocket size flashlight, must you get another one? Is that a wise purchase? A4 says, yes Mom it is, I lost mine.... Mama Bear then simply explains that just because you purchase another one, doesn't mean you won't loose that one too. It might be a wiser choice to find your lost one, first! A4 then will either decide Mama Bear knows best, or not!!! Luckily my A's still mostly think Papa and Mama Bear are the smartest Bears in all the Woods!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugar, oh sugar!!!

okay so as i have stated, we don't eat sugar. This being said, we do eat natural cane {also known as turbinado} sugar, honey, stevia and agava. I do try to limit this. I figure to some degree sugar is sugar, and not good, even in it's natural state. I don't want to get into a "sugar fight" with anyone! So all I am going to say, is it's quite common knowledge that sugar isn't good for you. I am a sugar lover! Always have been, I'm sure. I have a very, very, very sweet tooth. Sugar was hard for me to give up. Which is why I am so thankful for so many natural sweeteners! The reason we stopped, was knowledge, we started studying sugar, and learning about it, and we had to stop. As for our family, we had to give it up all or nothing, we are a cold turkey kind of family!!! We have tried to give up sugar, oh I don't know around 100 times!!! This time it finally stuck. The more I read, the more I study the more I am so thankful for that decision. So how di

Homemade bread for our large family

making bread has been a huge part of my life as a mother... here’s the problem, don’t start making homemade bread, unless you plan on doing it forever!!! Once you eat homemade bread, it’s didficult to eat store brought breads!!! Even some of the nicest, most expensive, they just seem so dry and bland.  That being said, I can make all our bread for our family of 11 (currently in the house) in about 15 minutes! (Not including the rise and bake time) I usually make it on the weekend, and then again around Wednesday or Thursday each week. Whenever I make it, I incorporate it into our dinner that night. Usually making 3 or 4  loaves of bread and 1 pan of rolls- for dinner. You see if you don’t do that, you’ll end up eating all of it the first night, right!!! No one can resist hot, fresh, homemade bread- especially with melted butter!!! 💖 So here’s the recipe, I know you’re all dying to have!  This should make about 5 loaves of bread, or a mix of bread and rolls  6 cu

and that's why we don't eat sugar.....