Skip to main content

Where have all the men gone!!??!!

Last Friday I went to our state capital to hear a session about a bill I am very interested in. As I was there, I was shocked by the following event;
 
I was sitting near the back, a few chairs away from one of the doors to the room. It was a packed room, very few seats left. Just as the session was beginning I started looking around the room. I enjoy watching people, so I looked around at the crowd. I noticed that the row I was seated in was all younger, probably interns, mostly male, with 2 females right next to me on the left and another male to my right. A whole family was in front of me, they came to support the bill, as it effects their family business. Then along the wall going up the wall along the walkway, was a row of older males and the usher. Just about that time, 2 ladies walked in. 1 in her 30's and 1 that was older maybe 50 and on crutches. These two ladies walked in, the usher stood to look for a seat for them. Now as the door opened everyone right around me, including myself looked, as it let in noise from the hallways. I had enough time to think, that lady should not have to stand, I will give up my seat. As I was thinking this,  2 of the older males stood and had the ladies take their seats. However I noticed that not one of the young men offered their seats!!! Now the young man next to me, right next to the door, did offer his, after the ladies where already headed to the other seats. I don't think anyone in the room heard him, past me! He said it very quietly and more as an after thought.
 
 
This got me wondering,
Where have all the MEN gone!!??!!
 
 
 
 
It saddens me, to think that these things happen, and they happen everywhere, everyday!!!

In my hopes of raising good, godly children, I hope I am doing all I can to raise my boys, all 6 of them to treat women with respect!
To teach my daughters to want that respect, and to know the difference of true respect and false respect.
 
We need fathers to raise their sons to be MEN!
We need fathers to lead their homes!
 
WE NEED MORE MEN!!!
 
 

Mothers, sometimes when we are home all day with our boys we forget that boys need to be boys. Boys need to play hard, and more importantly WORK HARD!
I was just today reading aloud Little House in the Big Woods to my children. We were reading where Uncle Henry's son Charley was not taught to help and work.
It was a perfect time to discuss what Pa meant by Charley being spoiled and not learning to work.
 
I know my boys know how to work, and work hard. Work is a common word in our house!! :)
However sometimes I wonder if my boys would have stood up for that lady at the capital?
I hope so, and I plan to remember this in my thoughts with teaching and leading my children.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugar, oh sugar!!!

okay so as i have stated, we don't eat sugar. This being said, we do eat natural cane {also known as turbinado} sugar, honey, stevia and agava. I do try to limit this. I figure to some degree sugar is sugar, and not good, even in it's natural state. I don't want to get into a "sugar fight" with anyone! So all I am going to say, is it's quite common knowledge that sugar isn't good for you. I am a sugar lover! Always have been, I'm sure. I have a very, very, very sweet tooth. Sugar was hard for me to give up. Which is why I am so thankful for so many natural sweeteners! The reason we stopped, was knowledge, we started studying sugar, and learning about it, and we had to stop. As for our family, we had to give it up all or nothing, we are a cold turkey kind of family!!! We have tried to give up sugar, oh I don't know around 100 times!!! This time it finally stuck. The more I read, the more I study the more I am so thankful for that decision. So how di

Homemade bread for our large family

making bread has been a huge part of my life as a mother... here’s the problem, don’t start making homemade bread, unless you plan on doing it forever!!! Once you eat homemade bread, it’s didficult to eat store brought breads!!! Even some of the nicest, most expensive, they just seem so dry and bland.  That being said, I can make all our bread for our family of 11 (currently in the house) in about 15 minutes! (Not including the rise and bake time) I usually make it on the weekend, and then again around Wednesday or Thursday each week. Whenever I make it, I incorporate it into our dinner that night. Usually making 3 or 4  loaves of bread and 1 pan of rolls- for dinner. You see if you don’t do that, you’ll end up eating all of it the first night, right!!! No one can resist hot, fresh, homemade bread- especially with melted butter!!! 💖 So here’s the recipe, I know you’re all dying to have!  This should make about 5 loaves of bread, or a mix of bread and rolls  6 cu

and that's why we don't eat sugar.....