Skip to main content

a REALITY CHECK in planning......

Well it seems to be the time of the year when many are homeschool planning. I am seeing posts and links everywhere, with tips and advice and so many ideas! Yes, even I am in this mode here. It just must be that time of the year!



So as I'm planning, the first day is always hard.
I have dreams,
I have visions,
I have ideas
and....well
Oh so many!!!

I literally start thinking, how can I add more hours to my day?
Let's see we could start our day, at 4:00, no that doesn't mean everyone will be cranky and tired. Definitly  not, and especially not me!
Then we could school until 4:00- I mean the neighbors can't really plan until then anyways, by the time they get home, have a snack and work on school or home responsibilities, right?!?!

REALLY, REALITY CHECK!!!

Then I decided, no what I need to do is edit, sort and maybe even subtract!!!

For some reason as a homeschooler, I think that our school needs to be extra special, at all times and in all ways. It needs to be super cool, amazingly awesome and at ALL times! Yet in the mist of all that, life is well life!

I mean come on how many of us think that every moment of our life is just that?

EXTRA SPECIAL, AT ALL TIMES AND IN ALL WAYS!
SUPER COOL
AMAZINGLY AWESOME
ALL THE TIME!

Last time I checked a mom's everyday chores and responsibilities are NOT there!
(laundry, changing diapers, doing the dishes, mopping the floors, and especially cleaning the toilets!)
Last time I checked a dad's everyday responsibilities are NOT there!
(boring meetings, paperwork, restrictions, traffic and oh taxes!)

So let's face it, homeschool needs to be extra special, super cool, amazingly awesome, but only sometimes, and sometimes it's just plain work!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade bread for our large family

making bread has been a huge part of my life as a mother... here’s the problem, don’t start making homemade bread, unless you plan on doing it forever!!! Once you eat homemade bread, it’s didficult to eat store brought breads!!! Even some of the nicest, most expensive, they just seem so dry and bland.  That being said, I can make all our bread for our family of 11 (currently in the house) in about 15 minutes! (Not including the rise and bake time) I usually make it on the weekend, and then again around Wednesday or Thursday each week. Whenever I make it, I incorporate it into our dinner that night. Usually making 3 or 4  loaves of bread and 1 pan of rolls- for dinner. You see if you don’t do that, you’ll end up eating all of it the first night, right!!! No one can resist hot, fresh, homemade bread- especially with melted butter!!! 💖 So here’s the recipe, I know you’re all dying to have!  This should make about 5 loaves of bread, or a mix of bread and rolls  6 cu

I am JUMPING OFF THE SHIP!!! So to speak...

What does that mean!??! What ship are you jumping from? Where are you jumping to? How are you planning on jumping?? Well let me tell you.... I am jumping into the great deep, dark and "unknown" world, I am planning on jumping Titanic style, Spread Eagle that is!!! No seriously folks, I have decided that for our upcoming curriculum, we are going to jump into the area of {dare I even say it??} Traditional Christian TEXTBOOKS!!!! {I can hear you all moan, and groan and say OH NO!!!!} Yes TEXTBOOK, tends to be a "bad" word in the homeschool world. It's one of those 3-letter words, okay so it's actually an Eight-letter word. I am not sure why TEXTBOOKS have such a bad name to homeschoolers. Actually I do, it has to do with the dumbing down of America. It has to do with short tidbits of information crammed into a lesson, bits and pieces of history... never knowing the whole thing. HOWEVER, you must also admit, that there are NOW so many choices in TEXTBO

Memorizing Multiplication for the year....

This year I have decided to focus on our multiplication facts.  My 10th, 7th, and 6th graders will be reviewing them, While my 4th, 2nd and 1st graders will be learning them. My younger 2 boys, really enjoy memorizing things, ANYTHING... so why not get this stuck in their heads, now? If they learn them, great if not, it will be knowledge they will use later when they do learn them.  I am made a binder for the younger 3.  I printed one sheet of each of the times tables,  here . These are in page protectors, and they will fill them out each day, using a dry erase marker. We will work on one table a week, moving 1-12 and then starting over again. If they get to knowing the facts really well, I'll switch them to a timed drill.  We will also learn a nursery rhyme skip counting song, from  planing playtime.   I am also hoping to add some fun games that I may find. I also downloaded  these . I used the 1-12 tables. I made 1 with the rainbow table, and 1 of the b