Skip to main content

Memorizing Multiplication for the year....

This year I have decided to focus on our multiplication facts. 

My 10th, 7th, and 6th graders will be reviewing them, While my 4th, 2nd and 1st graders will be learning them.
My younger 2 boys, really enjoy memorizing things, ANYTHING... so why not get this stuck in their heads, now? If they learn them, great if not, it will be knowledge they will use later when they do learn them. 

I am made a binder for the younger 3. 



I printed one sheet of each of the times tables, here. These are in page protectors, and they will fill them out each day, using a dry erase marker. We will work on one table a week, moving 1-12 and then starting over again. If they get to knowing the facts really well, I'll switch them to a timed drill. 

We will also learn a nursery rhyme skip counting song, from planing playtime.   I am also hoping to add some fun games that I may find.

I also downloaded these. I used the 1-12 tables. I made 1 with the rainbow table, and 1 of the blank tables for all the kids. 

They younger kids will use these for games and practice that we will do throughout the year. The older kids will use these as their answer keys for correcting each others drills, and they will fill out the blank chart once a week. 

I printed timed tests for the older kids, here. I plan on having 4-5 timed test throughout the year. I will start with one at the beginning of the year, one at the end and then 2-3 more throughout the year. These will be used as assessments. 

 Then I started to print out weekly drills for them to do. This was getting really old, really fast! So I looked around for a pre-made, printable facts drill. I purchased  1 min. Timed Drills on teachers pay teachers. It's a 1 year program. I love the way it's laid out. It's also such a simple concept, which is what I really wanted. It took awhile to set it up, and figure it out... but now it'll be a nice grab and go type program! 

And many years ago I printed and made a Multiplication Sundae printout. (Similar to this one.) The idea will be, that once everyone has learned their facts... we will have an ice cream sundae party. Hoping for team work, and friendly competitiveness with this one. Let's see, how it goes!

That's it, lots of fun and easy ways to help us memorize our facts!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugar, oh sugar!!!

okay so as i have stated, we don't eat sugar. This being said, we do eat natural cane {also known as turbinado} sugar, honey, stevia and agava. I do try to limit this. I figure to some degree sugar is sugar, and not good, even in it's natural state. I don't want to get into a "sugar fight" with anyone! So all I am going to say, is it's quite common knowledge that sugar isn't good for you. I am a sugar lover! Always have been, I'm sure. I have a very, very, very sweet tooth. Sugar was hard for me to give up. Which is why I am so thankful for so many natural sweeteners! The reason we stopped, was knowledge, we started studying sugar, and learning about it, and we had to stop. As for our family, we had to give it up all or nothing, we are a cold turkey kind of family!!! We have tried to give up sugar, oh I don't know around 100 times!!! This time it finally stuck. The more I read, the more I study the more I am so thankful for that decision. So how di

Homemade bread for our large family

making bread has been a huge part of my life as a mother... here’s the problem, don’t start making homemade bread, unless you plan on doing it forever!!! Once you eat homemade bread, it’s didficult to eat store brought breads!!! Even some of the nicest, most expensive, they just seem so dry and bland.  That being said, I can make all our bread for our family of 11 (currently in the house) in about 15 minutes! (Not including the rise and bake time) I usually make it on the weekend, and then again around Wednesday or Thursday each week. Whenever I make it, I incorporate it into our dinner that night. Usually making 3 or 4  loaves of bread and 1 pan of rolls- for dinner. You see if you don’t do that, you’ll end up eating all of it the first night, right!!! No one can resist hot, fresh, homemade bread- especially with melted butter!!! 💖 So here’s the recipe, I know you’re all dying to have!  This should make about 5 loaves of bread, or a mix of bread and rolls  6 cu

and that's why we don't eat sugar.....