Skip to main content

I have plans...man do I have plans!

If I have learned anything about myself, over the past years, it is this...


I am a classic over-planner/ under achiever!


So while I may appear to have it all together...I don't !




So one thing I don't want, is anyone who might be reading my blog, to think things like


Wow she's great, I wish I could be just like her!
I have plans, I have plans for plans, I have even more plans whirling around in my head.


Sometimes that's my problem..I have too many plans...and don't know where to start.




I can picture my perfect life, I can picture my perfect school day, but somehow getting from point A {where I am standing} to point Z {at the end} is a long journey!




I need to remember to take steps... how can I jump from A to Z, and not even go to steps C, D, E, F,G...and so forth?

Trust me Papa Bear reminds me of that often! He knows me too well.


So here's the new plan!! {YEP ANOTHER PLAN!!}


I will get everything we are currently doing, under control...then I can add another great and exciting new plan!


Right now I am going to get our Morning Devotional running smoothly.

We are doing our morning devotional, just not up to par {for my standards}

We will do the following every morning:

Family Scripture Study

Family Prayer

{the kids and parents all do our personal scripture study before our school begins, I spend some time with the younger A's later in the day, reading easy scripture readers}

Hymns, these are the same ones each week

1 hymn, 1 children's hymn, 1 patriotic, 1 educational or seasonal song

Sign Language
starting with the ABC's learning 6 per week

Historical Document
Memorizing, when memorized and copied, move to a new one

Calendar Time

American Patriots Almanac
by Willam J Bennett and John Cribb


Then once a week during this time we will do the following

Polite Moments, Character Notebooks, Scripture Activities and Notebooks {probably Scripture Stories and activities along with notebooking} Read aloud a family book {mom's choice} Artist Study and Notebook, and Composer Study and Notebook.


SO all those things are not done every day, nor every week.

Some of them take a whole of 5 minutes, while some will take the rest of the hour to accomplish.

Artist and Composers, will be the same one all month, and I will update and discuss that person for one time slot, after that we will look at and discuss a picture or we will listen to music, simple enough. Family read aloud, can be done while another activity or notebook is being worked on. Same as polite moments...


So I still need to work out the details of how it will all run smoothly...but at least I will only be working on one section of school...not all of it!



Comments

  1. Wow! That is some morning devotional plan. If I tried it, I would have to call it the all day devotional plan! ;-) I would really love to read more about your devotional experiences. I don't really have one, as my oldest is only 4yo, and I have been debating when I should start one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! Yes some mornings I do want to call it a day!! Though we are morning people, I am not a get out of bed kind of morning person..I hit snooze all too often. However A1 is a great kid, he sets his alarm, and get's everyone up! A2 would sleep until noon if I let her! I will post again, and try to clarify some of my devotional plan.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade bread for our large family

making bread has been a huge part of my life as a mother... here’s the problem, don’t start making homemade bread, unless you plan on doing it forever!!! Once you eat homemade bread, it’s didficult to eat store brought breads!!! Even some of the nicest, most expensive, they just seem so dry and bland.  That being said, I can make all our bread for our family of 11 (currently in the house) in about 15 minutes! (Not including the rise and bake time) I usually make it on the weekend, and then again around Wednesday or Thursday each week. Whenever I make it, I incorporate it into our dinner that night. Usually making 3 or 4  loaves of bread and 1 pan of rolls- for dinner. You see if you don’t do that, you’ll end up eating all of it the first night, right!!! No one can resist hot, fresh, homemade bread- especially with melted butter!!! 💖 So here’s the recipe, I know you’re all dying to have!  This should make about 5 loaves of bread, or a mix of bread and rolls  6 cu

I am JUMPING OFF THE SHIP!!! So to speak...

What does that mean!??! What ship are you jumping from? Where are you jumping to? How are you planning on jumping?? Well let me tell you.... I am jumping into the great deep, dark and "unknown" world, I am planning on jumping Titanic style, Spread Eagle that is!!! No seriously folks, I have decided that for our upcoming curriculum, we are going to jump into the area of {dare I even say it??} Traditional Christian TEXTBOOKS!!!! {I can hear you all moan, and groan and say OH NO!!!!} Yes TEXTBOOK, tends to be a "bad" word in the homeschool world. It's one of those 3-letter words, okay so it's actually an Eight-letter word. I am not sure why TEXTBOOKS have such a bad name to homeschoolers. Actually I do, it has to do with the dumbing down of America. It has to do with short tidbits of information crammed into a lesson, bits and pieces of history... never knowing the whole thing. HOWEVER, you must also admit, that there are NOW so many choices in TEXTBO

Memorizing Multiplication for the year....

This year I have decided to focus on our multiplication facts.  My 10th, 7th, and 6th graders will be reviewing them, While my 4th, 2nd and 1st graders will be learning them. My younger 2 boys, really enjoy memorizing things, ANYTHING... so why not get this stuck in their heads, now? If they learn them, great if not, it will be knowledge they will use later when they do learn them.  I am made a binder for the younger 3.  I printed one sheet of each of the times tables,  here . These are in page protectors, and they will fill them out each day, using a dry erase marker. We will work on one table a week, moving 1-12 and then starting over again. If they get to knowing the facts really well, I'll switch them to a timed drill.  We will also learn a nursery rhyme skip counting song, from  planing playtime.   I am also hoping to add some fun games that I may find. I also downloaded  these . I used the 1-12 tables. I made 1 with the rainbow table, and 1 of the b